Small and extremely handy hatchet with a compact head and short handle length of just 250mm. The ideal companion on all trekking and forest excursions, the Bison Trekking hatchet is lightweight yet robust. Designed for easy transportation, the Trekking hatchet’s compact length makes it easily transportable either in a rucksack or comfortably attaching to a belt loop.
The contoured handle is balanced in the hand, giving the user comfort whilst in use. A useful shaping of the hickory wood handle end allows the user to grab very far back allowing firm slamming for splitting and chopping firewood. If the user places their hand behind the axe head, it fulfils a variety of detailed and intricate tasks such as carving shavings, sharpening sticks or making feathersticks. The cutting edge is sharply ground, whilst the hickory handle is double-keyed for maximum safety.
- Hand-forged with traditional craftsmanship in Germany
- Grade A quality industrial tool steel for long durability
- Lightweight & portable
- Hickory wood handle 250mm
- Double safety wedging
- Hatchet axe head weight 500g
- Complete with high quality Bison trademark leather blade guard
- Iconic Bison pendant made from stainless steel included
- Designed for the trekking enthusiast